Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Healthy-er

The following pictures are a little... hmm, what's the word? Unappealing? Unattractive? But I have a good reason: I made this dish with the help of Mrs. O a few weeks ago. I'm not used to taking pictures of what I make yet, so we started eating. To make a long story short, I forgot to take pictures of the nice, neat sandwiches before the mushrooms started popping out of them. :(

But anyway, B who so nicely reminded me to take pictures halfway through our sandwiches, helped me arrange it so you can barely tell that it's halfway gone.



I found this recipe while browsing a CookingLight magazine. Click here for the actual recipe... and here are slight deviations I made to the recipe:
  • instead of using ground sirloin to make the patties, I used ground chicken
  • I used a red onion instead of a yellow onion
  • I used whatever beer was available, which was not dark (porter) beer
  • instead of rye bread, I used Publix's multigrain Italian bread
Nevertheless, this was delicious! The chicken patty was not bad at all, and the potatoes were yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment