Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Easy Peasy Shrimp.

Fridays are meat-less days. So I thought I'd do something with shrimp. I hadn't had shrimp for a while and I really missed it. So I bought some shrimp but didn't know what to do with them. I've never really cooked shrimp by itself before. I've always added it to some kind of soup or red sauce. But I wanted try something new, fast, and easy. I decided to go the pan-seared route because I figured that would be the fastest. And then I thought about what would go well with a simple pan-seared shrimp dish:
  • olive oil
  • lemon 
  • salt & pepper
  • crushed rep pepper flakes (for a little kick)
  • parsley
I had all of those, so I got to cookin'. The end result? Yum! It was simple, easy, and healthy! I put it over some brown and wild rice with broccoli and carrots.*
  


*The Bird's Eye rice (and other vegetable) thingies are really good for a quick side.

No comments:

Post a Comment