Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Taco Meatloaf & Cornbread.

Aside from cooking at a relaxed pace at work, I almost always seem to be rushing when I cook elsewhere. It's not fun and not cool when you're trying to maintain a food blog. Pictures are important. Good pictures are essential. But anyway, I was still able to document parts of our late lunch last night with a very good friend, Ms. Stephanie. It was a last minute decision, but I made taco meatloaf and cornbread. Here are the ingredients for the taco meatloaf.


When I'm in a hurry, I'll usually just take pictures of the finished product (and not very good-angled pictures at that). Here is the finished cornbread. It still looks good and golden. It was crunchy all around and moist inside.



Here's the crazy looking taco meatloaf. Look at that those cheese bubbles. Yum!



And here's a terrible plating job/picture. We were hungry, and B was very hungry.

4 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blog. I especially liked the photos of your family dinner arranged on banana leaves. I signed up as a fan so that I can read your blog often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the best meatloaf I've had :) Thank you again for always being such a gracious hostess! You are so wonderful, and quite the talented chef!

    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Steph!
    You're always welcome to come dine with me and B. :)

    ReplyDelete