Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Creamy Pasta.

The time I have between class and work is, well, not a lot. But I still try to cook if I have ingredients available and if it's something I can whip up quickly. This dish came up the night before when I had this craving for some type of pasta dish. I'm missing a bunch of ingredients in the picture, because 1) I was rushing (I had to go to work, and B was hungry) and 2) I added other things as I went along but couldn't go back to arrange all the things for "another picture." So anyway, here's the list of ALL the things I used:
  • pasta (I just used an open box of Ziti, but any will do)
  • two little cans of tomato sauce
  • mushrooms (optional)
  • half a red onion (for sweetness)
  • tsp. of garlic
  • about a tbsp. of cream cheese
  • shredded cheese for topping (I just had six cheese Italian)
  • half a tbsp. of sugar
  • dash of crushed red pepper flakes
  • about 3/4 of a cup of cooking wine
  • olive oil
  • salt & pepper

So, while the pasta's cooking, cook the onions in olive oil until their tender. Then add the garlic. 


 And because I was in a hurry, I gave up on taking pictures of every step. But basically, add the mushrooms, the wine, the tomato sauce, the sugar, the crushed red pepper flakes, then the cream cheese. Add salt & pepper to taste. It should be a nice orange-y color.


Drain the noodles. 


Add the sauce.

And give it a good mix.

"Plop" some on a bowl and top with the shredded cheese.

Wait for the cheese to melt a little bit. Then enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. THIS looks delish! Continue to impress me! You are so fab :)

    -Steph

    ReplyDelete