Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Friday, November 26, 2010

American Thanksgiving.

I get to have two Thanksgiving feasts and I am very thankful for that. What's great too is that they're so different that I can't really compare them. They're two different delightful experiences. The first one was on Wednesday at Mr. & Mrs. O's home. B and I joined them for a very relaxing, casual, small, traditional American Thanksgiving feast. It was just the four of us (and the dogs). We had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, green beans, rolls, and three kinds of casseroles. And for dessert we had pecan pie, a pumpkin streusel pie, and a holiday spice loaf. You can't get more traditional than that selection. But the funny thing is, is that it's very new to me. This is only my second time having a "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner. And I love it! So B and I documented our dinner. Mr. & Mrs. O were kind enough to let us use their super-duper awesome camera. B took some of the photos because I was busy lounging around and playing with the dogs.

Mrs. O's beautiful place setting and center pieces!
Appetizers, a lit candle, and Bogey waiting on the turkey.
It's ready!

Clockwise L-R: green beans; rolls; butter; and mashed potatoes with Mrs. O's yummy cranberry-ginger relish.

Clockwise L-R: stuffing/dressing; Mr. O carving the turkey; plate sample of all the goodies.

The dogs were excited about Thanksgiving too!

Mrs. O made whip cream to top our desoits!

Clockwise L-R: desserts!; "Hmm, which will it be?"; pecan pie with ice cream; and Mrs. O's pumpkin streusel pie with whip cream.

For breakfast, Mrs. O and I made yummy French toast. [I will put the link of the recipe up here soon]. They were delicious! 

Clockwise L-R: ingredients!; vanilla; glasses of orange juice; toasts waiting to go in the oven.

B wanted pecan pancakes, but we just toasted pecans to top the toasts instead. And he really liked it! PHEW!

We had pecans, pieces of butter, powdered sugar, and maple syrup as topping options. The last picture is of a Jello dish that we were supposed to eat with the Thanksgiving dinner. I ended up eating some with my breakfast. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful posting!!! Thank you for celebrating Thanksgiving with us...Looks like you have the best of both worlds, kiddo!!! Love, Mrs. O

    ReplyDelete