Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Soupe de Leftovers.

Translation: Soup of Leftovers. We had a lot of chicken, rice and corn left over from last night, so I thought I'd make fried rice for lunch today. But the weather was suddenly chilly so I decided to make soup instead. So I took the chicken off the bone and started boiling some water with the bones and 2 cubes of chicken bullion. While that was boiling, I chopped a medium onion and cut the chicken meat into small, even pieces.


I then scooped the bones off with a slotted spoon and just discarded them.


 Then I added the onion and chicken meat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. 


Lastly, I put in the bowl of leftover rice and corn and stirred it for a few minutes until everyone was happy and flavorful!


Now obviously this soup is pretty plain and you can add tons of other vegetables to it like carrots, celery, peas, etc. But I wanted to use just the leftovers. The soup itself was very flavorful because of the chicken's marinade (see yesterday's recipe and how many ingredients went into marinating the chicken).

It was simple, delicious, and perfect for an unexpected chilly day!

No comments:

Post a Comment