Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Last Week.

So... last week. I don't even remember what happened. But I did see from my last post that I was supposed to put up pictures of our two dinners from last week. So, here they are. My memory is a little fuzzy, maybe because of the two final exams I just finished. But I will try to remember as best as I can.

The first dinner on Wednesday was with two classmates and B. It was planned very last minute when we got all excited about our last class of the semester. Since I was planning to make tacos that night, I just made extra for two more people. I sliced up lettuce from a Spring Mix I had, tomatoes, and some onions. I also bought tons of cheese that I forgot to bring out for dinner. So we had tacos without cheese! Oh the horror!

But oddly enough no one noticed.


Our two classmates made and brought a layered dip, which I forgot to take pictures of before we started pigging out on it cuz' it was delicious!

Here are the tacos, one with a mixture of ground beef and ground turkey and another with Mexican "pulled chicken."

And here are our friends. We played Apples to Apples! Fun!

Here's what I got. I won third place!

For dinner #2 on Thursday night, I got really excited about preparing a whole dinner by myself that I think I overwhelmed myself with too much excitement. If that makes sense. I just remember being so stressed out before the dinner guests arrived. Anyway, here's the menu.


Here are the ingredients for the meatless Lumpia (Filipino spring rolls; they're probably not called lumpia anymore).


And here are the ingredients for the mushroom/shrimp stir-fry. I didn't put up pictures for the pork because 1) I was in a hurry, 2) I already posted about it, and 3) I was overwhelmed. :)

Here they are. Minus the pork, which was still in the oven. Oh, and I also made Jasmine rice. Yum!


Phew! The end. Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment