Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Breakfast and Dinner.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. If I didn't have a test to study for, I would've cooked food all day. I would've been in the kitchen for hours experimenting on recipes. But I only cooked breakfast and dinner. :(


So for breakfast, I made scrambled eggs with turkey sausages. I used four 1/4 cups of "eggstirs" and 1 "real" egg for the scrambled eggs, which equaled 5 eggs. I then added 1/4 cup of skim milk, 1 torn-up slice of cheddar cheese and lastly, salt and pepper.


I browned some turkey sausages on the stove.


Then, I sautéd some red onions first until they were soft and then added the egg mixture.



I topped the eggs with some green onion, added toast and a few slices of banana, and voila! Breakfast.


For lunch, I just had a snack because I didn't have time to cook or eat for that matter. What I did have time for (not really) was to prep for dinner. So I made this brown sugar, lemon, five-spice, parsley mixture and brushed it on some lean pork tenderloins.


For these 5 pieces of pork, I used 2 tbs. of brown sugar, a tbs. and a half of lemon juice, about a tsp. of lemon peel, a tsp. of five spice powder, and about a tsp. of dried parsley (or fresh!). I seasoned each cut with salt first, then brushed it with the mixture.


Then I covered it up and put it in the fridge. It was there for about 4 and a half hours. Then I cooked it on 375 degrees for 15 minutes, and then transferred it to the top rack and broiled it for about 2 minutes.


I cooked some yellow rice with it, but I wanted some mixed vegetables, so I heated up a package of Bird's Eye Southwestern Rice that had red peppers, peas, and corn and just mixed it with the rice I made. 


Tada!


B really liked it. I did too, it reminded me of Christmas. The smell and the flavor of the spices were just reminiscent of Christmas morning (or evening). The pork was very flavorful and not dry. I'm definitely saving this recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment