Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Chicken and Shells.

It was almost lunch time. My stomach started grumbling. I went in the kitchen, opened the fridge and didn't know what to do. So, I just started pulling out some stuff. An onion, a tomato, half of a green bell pepper, garlic, and half of a green onion. Hmm... Then I remembered I had two chicken breasts left, so I pulled those out. Also, we had rice yesterday, so no rice. Pasta! It was all coming together.


Whole grain pasta shells!


Onions sauteing in olive oil.


Onions and garlic.


Onions, garlic and green peppers.


... + tomatoes. I made sure that the tomatoes were soft enough to mush.


... + bite-size chicken pieces. Just brown it on one side of the pan, then mix it with the vegetables.


Season with salt and pepper.


Add the pasta. I only used less than half of what I cooked. I really didn't know where I was going with this in the beginning, so I just cooked a whole box, but I didn't have enough veggies and chicken.


Mix. Mix.


Save the rest of the noodles!



















Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (or that Three-Cheese blend I had).


It was delicious! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment