Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Two Dishes with Angel Hair Pasta.

I really have to apologize to my 3 followers for neglecting my blog. For a while there, amidst the craziness of grad school life, I forgot I even had a blog. But I guess it's okay since I haven't been cooking that much in the past couple of months anyway. I have been living on peanut butter and banana sandwiches for a while now (yes, it's that busy), but I did manage to get some pictures of a few dishes that I managed to squeeze into my schedule. ;) 

I have to warn you that the pictures don't do the dishes justice. Most of the time, I'm rushing to get it done, so I skip a lot of the steps and/or don't worry about taking a better picture. I can't even remember when this was, but I was just really wanting to cook something... it was killing me! And so I did... cook something, I mean. This recipe is from Cooking Light and it's called Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca. Fancy name. I didn't have fresh Sage leaves, so I just used dried ones. It was such an easy, yet delicious dish. I really love angel hair pasta!
 

You can tell I was really rushing. This picture is pitiful. I could have at least placed lemon wedges on the side to give it a splash of color and/or taken a few shots instead of just one in this weird, awkward angle.  


Anyway, I cooked a whole box of angel hair pasta, but didn't use all of it up for the chicken dish. So the next day, I made this simple sesame noodle dish for dinner. I added sesame seeds, a little bit of lemon juice, and crushed red pepper flakes to the Pioneer Woman's recipe.


Yum! Simple and easy. 




1 comment:

  1. Welcome back :) Looks delicious! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete