Adventures of a Graduate Student Juggling School, a Part-Time Job and a Full-Time Love for Food.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas with the O's.

Two years ago, I was blessed to meet a family who was gracious enough to include me in their dinners and holiday celebrations. The O's have been so wonderful as to let me experience and enjoy holidays and special occasions with them. I have learned so much and have enjoyed celebrating my "traditional American" Thanksgiving and Christmas. I especially love the turkey on Thanksgiving and baking cookies before Christmas!!! The following are just some pictures from my Christmas with the O's.

Some of my favorites of Mrs. O's decorations.




Making Apple Crisp with B and Mrs. O sometime before Christmas.





YUMMY!!!

The dogs having a blast while we cooked.

The "informal" place settings.

Clockwise L-R: caper berries, and our sides of mushrooms, sweet potato casserole, and broccoli casserole.

And of course, rolls and ham!

For dessert, Mrs. O and I made a pear pie. It was so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment